Pilot Mountain Man Killed in Accident | News
A single vehicle accident claimed the life of a prominent Pilot Mountain citizen and retired SBI officer on Monday evening.
Daniel Joe Stone, 56, of 144 Stone Haven Dr., was traveling along Old Westfield Road near Mathis Road around 6:52 p.m. when his vehicle left the road, clipped a power pole and overturned several times, John Shelton, Surry County director of emergency services told the Mount Airy News.
Stone was driving a Ford Fusion when it ran off the right side of the road and struck a culvert. Stone was ejected from the car.
Stone was pronounced dead at the hospital at 8:15 p.m.
Stone, a retired SBI officer, served for 14 years as advancement chair in the Dogwood District for Eagle Scouts, which serves Surry County.
For more on this story, visit mtairynews.com.
Upcoming Events near Surry County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Drones made at Wake Forest University used to study environment
- Winston-Salem doctors testing cap to prevent hair loss in chemo patients
- Jury continues deliberations in Forsyth Co. death penalty murder case
- State elections board approves Forsyth majority early voting plan
- Students spend spring break building houses for Habitat